Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Cincinnati Zoo - Japanese Macaque Exhibit

July 2008. An average primate island, but totally fake and lacking any trees for climbing.

Cincinnati Zoo - Japanese Macaque Exhibit
snowleopard, 25 Aug 2008
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. An average primate island, but totally fake and lacking any trees for climbing.
    • mstickmanp
      which do you rate higher, this Japanese macaque exhibit or Central Park zoo's japanese macaque exhibit? To me they're both similar, but I like Central Park Zoo's macaque exhibit.
    • snowleopard
      I loved the exhibit at the Central Park Zoo, and thought that watching the snow monkeys there was the highlight of the day. In Cincinnati the macaques are still as watchable as ever, but somehow the big blob of rock appears to dominate the landscape. In Central Park the rock isn't as obtrusive, and the smaller stepping stones are great for the monkeys to use as they cross their pool.
    • okapikpr
      Are the blue sheep still on the island with the macaques?...at one time they had California Sea Lion also share the exhibit with both sheep and macaque.
    • snowleopard
      Only macaques were there this summer, but it does look as if it could be a sheep/goat exhibit as well.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    25 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    381.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:27 11:32:03
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    7.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).