Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Cincinnati Zoo - Okapi Exhibit

July 2008. Interesting use of wooden fencing in the enclosure, as this provides the okapi with a place to hide from public view.

Cincinnati Zoo - Okapi Exhibit
snowleopard, 25 Aug 2008
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. Interesting use of wooden fencing in the enclosure, as this provides the okapi with a place to hide from public view.
    • mstickmanp
      nice exhibit, but I've heard from a lot of people here in zoobeat that the okapi was just shoved in this exhibit.
    • snowleopard
      That's right, as with all of the construction on the elephant and giraffe habitats the okapi at the zoo have been bounced around a couple of times now.
    • taun
      Looks nice what size is the enclosure and does it have more live trees growing in it than the one you can see?
    • snowleopard
      The exhibit was not specifically designed for okapi, as it is a fairly generic hoofstock paddock. However, there are private barriers for the okapi to venture behind, shade in abundance, and a few large trees in the enclosure.
    • taun
      Certainly does look like a generic hoofstock paddock. I like the barriers, I even suggested this to Chester for their indoor enclousre a few years back.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    25 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    314.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.7
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:27 14:05:39
    Exposure Time:
    10/3200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    20.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).