Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Cincinnati Zoo - Spectacled bear

July 2008. Stretching in a concrete grotto.

Cincinnati Zoo - Spectacled bear
snowleopard, 25 Aug 2008
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. Stretching in a concrete grotto.
    • tigertiger
      The grotto for him and the bear next to him (neither of which were on display when I went) were so terribly small I felt uncomfortable at the idea of them being there.
    • snowleopard
      As I wrote extensively in the thread Snowleopards Epic Road Trip (with a full review of the Cincinnati Zoo somewhere in there) this zoo is one of the best in North America in terms of its collection. It has some excellent exhibits (Jungle Trails is brilliant!) but overall I would not place it in the top 20 zoos on the continent due to the numerous small or outdated exhibits. Exhibit quality reigns supreme in my mind, and an example is the small cat house. Fantastic display of felines in outdoor and indoor enclosures, but the pacing animals are in exhibits that are disgustingly tiny. There are many other great zoos in North America that have much larger enclosures for their inhabitants.
    • okapikpr
      These are original Hagenbeck grottos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    25 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    215.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.9
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:27 13:21:04
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    47 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).