Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Cincinnati's Small Cat Rescue (Concept Art Teaser)

Cincinnati's Small Cat Rescue (Concept Art Teaser)
    • Moebelle
      A self made outdoor small cat conservation attraction, designed to replace the Cincinnati Zoo's Night Hunters. Not only would it be a step right direction towards bringing the park back to its former glory but it would push it away from what it's becoming: a giant children's zoo. I am almost done with a realistic TO SCALE aerial concept that I will release later with more details of this exhibit. Excuse the obvious errors, I know it's not my best Photoshop work.
    • Grizzly Hound
      That would make a great replacement.
    • Moebelle
    • Grizzly Hound
      @Moebelle Also I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while now, but where did you get the name Moebelle from?
    • pachyderm pro
      @Moebelle Nice work. Excited to see the finished result. However, that clouded leopard may have a hard time getting anywhere on that bridge ;).

What makes you suggest the park is becoming a "giant children's zoo" in your eyes? Obviously you are much more familiar with the place than myself, but all of the upcoming projects look very promising (although I do understand how that remark could be connected to Roo Valley, given the rope course and all).
    • Moebelle
      @pachyderm pro I'd like to point out that Children's Zoo remark is a borrowed criticism from a couple of other members. First, having visited more and more parks over the past few years that are far greater in quality, I've slowly 'fallen out of love' with my hometown zoo. As for it being a kids zoo, I know it's not their fault but their collection seems to be getting more and more basic - a problem with a lot of zoos. Roo Valley absolutely pushed me towards this kind of thinking. Looking at the zoo's history and being alive to see some of their success, the place was essentially a breeding ground for rare and endangered animals. I mentioned somewhere recently they used to receive awards for breeding certain insects, they, for awhile, consistently experimented with embryo transfers, test tube breeding, and artificial insemination. A lot of this dealt with small cats, I believe at one point they were a world leader in small cat conservation - hence my rendering. But they threw that away to continue having a nocturnal house (hopefully there was some other logical reason). Over the last decade it seems these kinds of efforts have stopped and they don't plan on continuing putting a majority of their focus on conservation. WITH the exception of their black rhinos. I do apologize if these are not convincing excuses, but I don't seem to be the only one with these thoughts.
      Grant and pachyderm pro like this.
    • Moebelle
      @Grizzly Hound It's a combination of 'Moeller High School' and 'Bellarmine University', a school I was planning on attending:)
    • Grant
    • Animal
      I love that a big cat is walking over the sing!
    • LycaonSekowei
      Wait is this real?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Fantasy Zoos
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    3 Jun 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1942px
    Height:
    1156px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).