Join our zoo community
Dhole dude

Closer view of the dreaded cooler

Found this closer look at the infamous “cooler” while looking through my old photos

Closer view of the dreaded cooler
Dhole dude, 9 Dec 2020
Elephantlover likes this.
    • Dhole dude
      Found this closer look at the infamous “cooler” while looking through my old photos
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      Wow. Dead leaves in a white plastic bin. Wow, Como. Just wow.
    • Dhole dude
      And a bit of dirt (not like that makes this god-awful “enclosure” any better).
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Dhole dude And even worse, Its not open-topped. Its just covered with a glass slate over the top of the bin.
    • Dhole dude
      I mean, wouldn’t the boa escape is it was open-toped(although a part of me wishes he/she could escape from that terrible “enclosure”)
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Dhole dude I know it would escape, but I'm just talking personal preference here. It seems like hell living in that.
    • Great Argus
    • MonkeyBat
      Does anyone know if this animal is taken out for educational purpose? and on @Great Argus 's note, many offstage animals are kept like this, not to mention most pets...
    • red river hog
      Not the cooler! :oops::eek:
      @Great Argus I have, but they're normally a bit larger in comparison to the animal.
      @MonkeyBat This is on exhibit. It's a cooler sitting on the visitor path. Also, I think many education animals would get better exhibits than this.
    • Great Argus
      @red river hog Not necessarily from what I have seen. Many education animals get this plus a hide, usually a bit bigger relative to the animal. It's common practice that is quite livable for the animals, although it is doubtful they thrive.
      That said I am not condoning the exhibit as acceptable (because it is not), rather stating this is not far off the common standard.
      Another point: Como is AZA accredited, which means their exhibits and husbandry are scrutinized every couple years. It would be interesting to see whether this has been flagged previously or not.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
    Uploaded By:
    Dhole dude
    Date:
    9 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    422.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1536px
    Height:
    2048px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 11
    Date / Time:
    2020:08:20 15:38:10
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    1.54 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).