Join our zoo community
Javan Rhino

Clouded leopard

First things first, apologies for two things. #1, two similar pictures, and #2, not the best quality ever. However, to explain away #1 I was really torn which one post. For #2, the species is technically off-show I believe, and I was very lucky to see this from an area the public can access. I was amazed since I was warned not to expect to see it (since it was in my top 10 species to see) - so to get an identifiable image of one was certainly a highlight of the day. We were very luck to see it, as a fellow zoochatter had looked only a minute or two before and said he couldn't see one, and I decided to have a random nosy just as it jumped up onto a viewable platform. I was delighted :D (though it is a shame the other zoochatter had walked away before this happened!)

Clouded leopard
Javan Rhino, 9 May 2011
    • Javan Rhino
      First things first, apologies for two things. #1, two similar pictures, and #2, not the best quality ever.

However, to explain away #1 I was really torn which one post. For #2, the species is technically off-show I believe, and I was very lucky to see this from an area the public can access.

I was amazed since I was warned not to expect to see it (since it was in my top 10 species to see) - so to get an identifiable image of one was certainly a highlight of the day.

We were very luck to see it, as a fellow zoochatter had looked only a minute or two before and said he couldn\'t see one, and I decided to have a random nosy just as it jumped up onto a viewable platform. I was delighted :D (though it is a shame the other zoochatter had walked away before this happened!)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Javan Rhino
    Date:
    9 May 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count: