Join our zoo community
CuseZoofan

Cold Asia

Red Panda exhibit

Cold Asia
CuseZoofan, 14 Apr 2019
snowleopard likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for uploading new photos of this zoo as it is one that I've never visited before. What did you think of all of the new developments at Seneca Park Zoo? Did 'Cold Asia' (a terrible name in my opinion) live up to expectations? How is the African Savanna?
    • birdsandbats
      @snowleopard I agree Cold Asia is an awful name. They could have gone with 'Frozen Asia'.
    • CuseZoofan
      @snowleopard I felt that the exhibits were very nice especially when compared to the old Snow leopard exhibit (which was just outside of the old main building) and are a welcome addition. While the snow leopard exhibit is still a little small it does feature a decent amount of elevation change and climbing abilities.
      The red panda exhibit is a new species for the zoo and it was very nice. I love when they can have average height glass walls to optimize viewing and it looks very modern and clean but not distasteful. They too had lots of vertical climbing opportunities and appeared to have plenty of space, both were quite active.
      The African Savannah addition was very nice albeit a little small for the rhino exhibit, it's hard to believe they tried keeping ostriches here too. The Giraffe yard was larger, not huge but much bigger. The indoor exhibits were a nice touch as well. They look as if to add a cichlid exhibit but it was not open yet. I also like how they left the indoor holding areas open air to the guests and are a decent space for the long upstate NY winters. All the new additions are great and are keeping this zoo moving in the right direction, they do so much with really a limited amount of space.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Seneca Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    CuseZoofan
    Date:
    14 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4048px
    Height:
    3036px
    Aperture:
    f/2.0
    Make:
    Google
    Model:
    Pixel
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:13 11:12:28
    Exposure Time:
    978/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 49
    Focal Length:
    4.67 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).