Join our zoo community
Baldur

Cologne Zoo 2002 - Magnificent Saiga Antelopes

Scanned photo from my visit in July 2002. Magnificent Saiga Antelopes. The last one died in 2009 and thereby Europe outside of Russia had no more.

Cologne Zoo 2002 - Magnificent Saiga Antelopes
Baldur, 1 Jan 2011
felis silvestris and Jonas like this.
    • Baldur
      Scanned photo from my visit in July 2002.

Magnificent Saiga Antelopes. The last one died in 2009 and thereby Europe outside of Russia had no more.
    • kiang
      A real treat for you and for us, a great miss on the European zoo scene, fantastic species.
    • Baldur
      True, although it was mentioned on some other thread that Tallin Zoo might be getting some from Moscow; at least an exhibit for them was in the making. Anyone heard any news?
    • Eagle
      Good question! Any news?
    • Sun Wukong
      Ask me next week...And @Baldur; Askania Nova/the Ukraine isn't part of Europe? I see.;)
    • Baldur
      You'll then find out before me; I'm visiting zoos in the Baltic States late April and early May.

You got me there, I forgot about Askania Nova! :D
    • Sun Wukong
      Who says that I will have to go to the Baltic States to find that out? подумай хорошенько! ;)
    • kiang
      Smarty pants:rolleyes:
    • Sun Wukong
      kiang: naw, just looking forward to the trip! ;)
    • Baldur
      SW, you're killing me! :D I'll wait a week if I have to, as long as you tell me if you know about something that will really spice up my Tallinn Zoo experience next month and I may not know about already! :rolleyes:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cologne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Baldur
    Date:
    1 Jan 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    166.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1057px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).