Join our zoo community
KevinB

Colombian black spider monkey outdoor terrace, 2020-06-28

The mandrills used to have access to both outdoor terraces, but the spider monkeys have now given access to one of them. The mandrill have however gotten access to more indoor space, as they can now access two publicly viewable indoor rooms they didn't previously have access too.

Colombian black spider monkey outdoor terrace, 2020-06-28
KevinB, 4 Jul 2020
    • nczoofan
      If only these outdoor exhibits were netted in, the mandrill and spider monkey would have so much more space.
    • KevinB
      @nczoofan I agree with you, the outdoor monkey terraces could be improved by getting rid of the moat and some of the rock work, and netting the exhibits.

That said, my personal opinion is that if the zoo has the option to at some point demolish the small monkey house entirely and replace it with a modern facility housing only two or so larger monkey species, some smaller species like callitrichids and some other small mammals, they really should do that.
      nczoofan likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @KevinB The reflective glass kindof negates much of the viewing benefit of the moat anyways. The rockwork isnt half bad so if they just filled in the moat and spruced it up a bit I dont think it would be a half bad enclosure. I do worry that the mandrill enclosure does look quite small and bare however, perhaps they would do better to do away with the spider monkeys and let the mandrills have both enclosures once again.
      KevinB likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    4 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2020:06:28 08:43:26
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).