Join our zoo community
SamMetz

Columbus 2016 - New Puma Exhibit - Right Viewing

Columbus 2016 - New Puma Exhibit - Right Viewing
SamMetz, 20 Jul 2016
    • snowleopard
      Were changes made due to the incident last year when an idiot jumped into the exhibit? Is the enclosure any larger than the previous version? Also, does the zoo have a sign saying "Puma" or is that your label? I would have guessed that the enclosure's sign would have said "Cougar" but of course the species has many different names.
    • Kudu21
      I do not think that these renovations were made in light of the incident where a man jumped the barrier to pet one of the elderly cats, as this entire section of the North America region of the zoo was renovated, and such renovations have been talked about for awhile now.. But who knows, it might have been spurred along by the incident or by the arrival of the younger pair of cats last year as well. The exhibit is, indeed, larger than the previously existing enclosure, encompassing both the former cougar and bobcat enclosures. The bobcats were moved to the enclosure formerly occupied by the Alaskan brown bears, then timber wolves, and most recently, a Florida sandhill crane. The former grizzly bear exhibit was renovated for new American black bear cubs, and the former American black bear exhibit, which has housed the North American river otters for the last several years was renovated to provide them with a more adequate home. And yes, actually, the Columbus Zoo does, bizarrely, given that name is generally used in reference to South American specimens, refer to them as pumas on their signage.
    • m30t
      Does anyone know when the animals will be back on in exhibit in this or any of the other renovated North American enclosures?
    • SamMetz
      It reopened today. I was about to say it looked pretty finished while I was there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    SamMetz
    Date:
    20 Jul 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    455.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1046px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3000
    Date / Time:
    2016:07:16 03:21:56
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    32 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).