MountainBongo

Comb Ducks

Comb Ducks
MountainBongo, 19 Apr 2012
    • gentle lemur
      A nice shot - but they're comb ducks.

Alan
    • MountainBongo
      Thanks! The sign there says Hawaiian Goose and not Comb Duck, but I agree! They are comb ducks... Whoops!
    • Ituri
      There are Hawaiian geese (or goose rather) in that aviary as well.
    • MountainBongo
      I didn't see them! But, I saw all the other birds. That aviary is my favorite because its not over hyped and it has a great collections of birds.
    • Ituri
      I liked it better as an African aviary, given that's what it was designed and planted to be.
    • MountainBongo
      What species were exhibited there?
    • Ituri
      From memory-

southern bald ibis, african spoonbill, hammerkop, african openbill stork, green woodhoopoe, african pygmy goose, african golden oriole, white-headed buffalo-weaver, d'Arnaud's barbet, golden-breasted starling, emerald starling, wattled lapwing, Egyptian plover, wattled starling....]

Many of these were still in their last November when I visited, but it was a far less cohesive experience than it used to be.
    • MountainBongo
      Yes, when I was there a week ago they had most of those species just with roseate spoonbills and Victoria's crowed pigeon (and other non African birds I just can't remember).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo Safari Park
    Uploaded By:
    MountainBongo
    Date:
    19 Apr 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    342.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.3
    Make:
    SAMSUNG
    Model:
    SAMSUNG PL210, PL211 / VLUU PL210, PL211
    Date / Time:
    2011:10:02 13:26:20
    Exposure Time:
    1/45 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    17.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).