Join our zoo community
karenZOO

Cooling off

Saturday 10 07 2010 Tempted to jump in myself, they all made the 30 degrees seem even hotter!

Cooling off
karenZOO, 11 Jul 2010
    • karenZOO
      Saturday 10 07 2010
      Tempted to jump in myself, they all made the 30 degrees seem even hotter!
    • Pertinax
      good shot.
      This is what they are used to in the wild, or hotter still! They spend all the hottest hours of the day during the dry season immersed like this.
    • karenZOO
      He? never moved at all, so relaxed and content, does the lack of plateing on their bellies help cool them down?
    • Pertinax
      She. Quite possibly but I don't know. They often sink down in deep water so only the head and spine of back are visible.
    • Jabiru96
      I wouldnt mind have going in with him and discussing how it is like to be at Whipsnade!
    • MARK
      Thats a good sized horn for a captive rhino in the past Indian rhinos at Whipsnade have rubbed them down almost to nothing, maybe the bigger paddocks help?
    • Pertinax
      Possibly. This is one of the two breeding females(from Nepal) I can never remember which is which namewise but this one has a distinctive longer horn- the other doesn't though.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    karenZOO
    Date:
    11 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    219.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1065px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSLR-A350
    Date / Time:
    2010:07:10 12:29:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).