Join our zoo community
Toddy

Copenhagen Zoo - Red pandas

The new red panda enclosure at Copenhagen Zoo, opened october 2008. October 2008

Copenhagen Zoo - Red pandas
Toddy, 8 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      The new red panda enclosure at Copenhagen Zoo, opened october 2008.
      October 2008
    • Dan
      This is a really good exhibit! I saw it for myself last weekend. It is an oval structure, with perhaps 60 % surrounded by that wall that you can see in the background. That gives the animals some privacy when they need it. The other 40 % of the fence is a glass wall. The enclosure basically makes up a hill with rocks and bamboo sticks as well as two or three big trees - som kind of pine - and then that "deadfall" (is that understandable English?) structure. The small trees and bushes completes it.

All the living trees as well as the "dead logs" are available as climbing structures for the animals (and they use them a lot) giving them a 360 degree view of their surroundings.

How big can it be - help me out, Toddy? 300 square meters?
    • Toddy
      I'm affraid I don't know the actual size, but it is not a huge enclosure. I would define it as big enough.
    • Dan
      I just found out at the zoo´s web page that the enclosure is in fact only 150 m2 big. It appeared bigger than that to me. Still, those 150 m2 are very well used.
    • Kwambeze
      Good to see new exbith! ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo København
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    8 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    989px
    Height:
    742px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:10:08 15:57:43
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).