Join our zoo community
Maguari

Cotton Pygmy-Goose at Avifauna, 04/06/12

[i]Nettapus coromandelianus coromandelianus[/i] The drawback, if you can call it that, of being a regular at Blackbrook and Slimbridge is that it quickly becomes a rare thing to see a new species of waterfowl. Avifauna had a few bird firsts for me this time round but these have to be my favourite.

Cotton Pygmy-Goose at Avifauna, 04/06/12
Maguari, 4 Aug 2012
Haliaeetus likes this.
    • Maguari
      Nettapus coromandelianus coromandelianus

The drawback, if you can call it that, of being a regular at Blackbrook and Slimbridge is that it quickly becomes a rare thing to see a new species of waterfowl. Avifauna had a few bird firsts for me this time round but these have to be my favourite.
    • zoogiraffe
      Thanks for posting this,I think I need a trip to see these as it has to be one of the few species of waterfowl,thats about in Europe that I have not seen.
    • Maguari
      This and the kiwi (of which more in due course) were the two big draws that brought us to Avifauna - and we had a bit of a scare with this one. We were expecting to find them in the 'Philippine House' run of indoor exhibits in the corner of the park, but entering from the end near the parrots we got halfway through the house, were about to enter the room we believed them to be in and... found a massive building site. Erp! After looping around the outside past owls and through the kiwi exhibit, we found we'd misremembered how many sections there were to the house and the final section was still accessible from the other end! It's really only thanks to some nondescript aviaries on the outside that we found the entrance at all - and if we hadn't we'd have missed out on the pygmy-geese, Buff-banded Rail and Rufous Hornbills, among others. Very glad we didn't!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Vogelpark Avifauna
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    4 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    204.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2012:06:04 16:11:17
    Exposure Time:
    10/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).