Kakapo

Ctenosaura bakeri

Amazonas River section

Ctenosaura bakeri
Kakapo, 12 Oct 2016
    • Kakapo
      Amazonas River section
    • vogelcommando
      Are you sure this is Ctenosaura bakeri, Zootierliste don't mention it for Acuario de Zaragoza ?
    • Kakapo
      :D:D:p:p:

You look new to the zoo hobby ;)
      Soon they will be mentioned, as the rest of my gallery of the Aquarium.
      Zootierliste can work in two ways for keeping their lists updated. One is to receive updating of the animals from the own zoos. This only happens on the very major and important zoos. The other way is that some of the Zootierliste members visit themselves a zoo, look at each species and update the list. Or, sometimes, must be a non member of Zootierliste, like me, who send the info to the page (as I did yesterday, just after coming back to home from the Aquarium), overall for smaller and less important zoological institutions like my hometown's Zaragoza Fluvial Aquarium.

The current Zootierliste list of the Aquarium of Zaragoza is based, of course, almost entirely on my two previous visits (2009 and 2012). Tons of the animals listed here must pass to the "Former List" while the species that I'm uploading into the gallery must be put in the "Current List".
    • vogelcommando
      I know Zootierliste is in many cases not up-to-date but for such a rare species as the one on the picture I thought there would be some kind of coordinated breeding-programm and that movement within the programm -like sending specimen(s) to Zaragoza - would be known within the programm and that people aware of such a breeding-programm would mention this at Zootierliste. Obviously not ...
      However, do you know howmany Utila spiny-tailed iguanas are kept at Zaragoza and where they came from ?
    • Kakapo
      Only one, unless there are more specimens well hidden in the enclosure and not seen (unlikely). It shares the enclosure with three specimens of matamata (Chelus fimbriatus).
    • vogelcommando
      Thanks for this info Kakapo and hopefully they will be able to find a partner for the one already in the collection !
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Acuario de Zaragoza
    Uploaded By:
    Kakapo
    Date:
    12 Oct 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    75.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    572px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).