Join our zoo community
thor

derby eland

derby eland
thor, 31 Aug 2012
aramacao likes this.
    • mstickmanp
      Too bad they are no longer at the zoo...but at least the zoo has brought in Lesser Kudu.
    • thor
      where did they send them?
    • mstickmanp
      I believe one of them died, and the other one was sent to another zoo. I'm not really sure though.
    • ungulate nerd
      There has been talk of getting giant elands back at the los angeles zoo, other keepers told me they might fill there space with either sable antelope, lesser kudu, or blue wildebeest
    • Blackduiker
      Well the Lesser Kudu are here and sharing a yard with the Steenboks, which may be just temporary. Sable Antelopes would be nice to have back again. They lived and bred successfully in the current Steenbok/Lesser Kudu yard for many years. The Eland yard would be nice for Sable Antelopes; I'd love to see them in L.A. again.
    • thor
      I would love to see a species that wasn't already represented at the San Diego Wild animal park. Like Blue sheep,moose,dall sheep,black wildebeest, etc...Just different hoofstock so it's not the same from zoo to zoo..
    • Pacarana
      Wildebeest would be a very interesting addition to a zoo. Uncommon as of late. Denver has also stopped breeding the Dalls, I wonder where the surplus are going?
    • ungulate nerd
      I agree thor
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    thor
    Date:
    31 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    328.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.4
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SP560UZ
    Date / Time:
    2010:01:01 14:51:42
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    35.02 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).