Join our zoo community
Ding Lingwei

Desert cottontail (Sylvilagus audubonii)

May 17th, Los Petenes.

Desert cottontail (Sylvilagus audubonii)
Ding Lingwei, 25 May 2018
    • AWP
      After all those photos of rare species you posted last days, I checked the website of DWA. What an incredible collection! I was just looking at "Mundo Maya" and "Orinoco". Three-toed sloth, four species of crested eagles, three species of quetzals, jabiru, cottontail, multiple species of woodpeckers, not to mention all those passerines, wow...

The "Borneo" section is quite odd, didn't know that shoebills, tree kangaroos and fairy penguins live there...
    • jayjds2
      DWA’s website is the last place you want to look for information on what they’ve got, as it’s outdated and often confusing. Nearly all species on it are present in some capacity, but the aquarium has two off site breeding facilities and an extensive area behind the scenes as well. Some species flash on and off exhibit very quickly. Even a friend of mine who lives in the area still hasn’t managed to see anything! Regardless, it remains one of my favorite facilities to visit and I try and stop by as often as possible. It’s difficult, since I now live halfway across the country, but doable.
    • Ding Lingwei
      @AWP Their black-and-white hawk-eagle is not on exhibit, while golden-headed quetzal is the only species of quetzal you can see. The facility do have a huge collection though , even larger than the listings on their website, especially in Central and South American birds~
      AWP likes this.
    • Kakapo
      :confused::confused::confused:
      It's my most favourite and wished of all the many rarities of DWA... In the improbable case of being able to visit Dallas in the far future some year, there would be a possibility of ask staff to see the eagle behind the scenes?
    • jayjds2
      @Kakapo no, none of the staff have the authority to take you behind the scenes. Beyond that, it’s not even kept at the aquarium, but at an off site facility.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dallas World Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Ding Lingwei
    Date:
    25 May 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3000px
    Height:
    2000px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 6D
    Date / Time:
    2018:05:17 15:26:54
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 12800
    Focal Length:
    80 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).