Join our zoo community
Blackduiker

DESERT ROSY BOA EXHIBIT

DESERT ROSY BOA EXHIBIT
Blackduiker, 9 Mar 2012
    • Blackduiker
      One minor complaint I happened to overhear from one zoo patron, was her dislike of so many exhibits that had below-the-waist viewing; as can be seen in this photo. Which puts the specimen on ground level. Of course, several of the now much larger LAIR displays, have way more vertical space; ground to ceiling in many instances.
    • mstickmanp
      I actually liked that feature about the exhibits. I did find myself crouching in a lot of instances, but seeing the snakes at ground level was a cool experience.

The one thing that I did not like from the Desert LAIR was the amount of glare caused by the huge skylight, but I could live with that as long as the reptiles get a good amount natural light.
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

So Mario, now that you've had the chance to view LAIR up close for yourself, what is you're opinion of it?
    • mstickmanp
      I'll answer this question in David's LAIR review thread.
    • mstickmanp
      As seen in this photo, all of the snake exhibits were huge compared to the inhabitants. Due to this the species count did go down a bit, but I'm glad the zoo went this direction instead of trying to pile small tank after small tank just to have a lot of species.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Blackduiker
    Date:
    9 Mar 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    300.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1060px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5100
    Date / Time:
    2012:03:06 23:40:16
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 720
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).