Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Dhole Exhibit

August 2nd, 2019

Dhole Exhibit
snowleopard, 7 Aug 2019
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      The car looks a bit out of place and weird...
    • KevinB
      @Onychorhynchus coronatus
      The use of vehicles as decorative items in exhibits is weird and not something I am a big fan of. I have however noticed that animals often use them as a form of enrichment, for example as look-out points or sleeping areas (and I saw the dholes at Zie-Zoo doing both). That said I would still prefer something more naturals like rocks, logs, wooden structures or hills with dens to achieve that purpose.

Also, the stickers on the vehicle were texts relating to a dhole conservation project in their native range, thus tenuously linking the exhibit to the native range and the conservation of the species.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Onychorhynchus coronatus yes, definitely, I bet it would maybe fit if it was outside the exhibit, just to show that it was thematic, but without giving this weird unnatural look... at least it's a big exhibit, actually it has a very nice size; these animals have the opportunity to walk around a lot in there...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dierenpark Zie-ZOO
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    7 Aug 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3888px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
    Date / Time:
    2019:08:02 07:49:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).