Join our zoo community
KevinB

Dier en Park zoos sign, 2019-05-25

With thanks to Dier en Park and BestZoo. Dier en Park (Animal and Park) is an association of 14 smaller Dutch zoos. I have personally visited four of these (Kasteelpark Born, Mondo Verde, BestZoo and Faunapark Flakkee).

Dier en Park zoos sign, 2019-05-25
KevinB, 28 Aug 2019
    • KevinB
      This image concludes my photographic overview of BestZoo in terms of both the exhibits at that facility and the animal kept there. I hope it was appreciated.

I hope to start my photographic overview of Faunapark Flakkee, which I visited on June 1st, as soon as possible.
    • PossumRoach
      This feels like the Zoological Association of America in the US. Is this organization made to protect themselves from trade bans? Do any of these parks have a chance in being in EAZA?
    • KevinB
      @PossumRoach
      I am sorry I forgot to answer your question until now.

Dier and Park in an association of some of the smaller zoos in the Netherlands that focuses on cooperation between the parks and on education and conservation. All of the members either have a zoo license or have applied to get one. I don't know what they do with regards to legal issues such a trade bans, and I could not find anything on their website about that.

With regards to EAZA membership: I think most of these places would not meet all of the exhibit and other standards for EAZA membership.
      PossumRoach likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    BestZoo
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    28 Aug 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2019:05:25 13:38:47
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    36 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).