Join our zoo community
Tomek

Douc Langur (Pygathrix nemaeus) - last animal in Europe

Douc Langur (Pygathrix nemaeus) - last animal in Europe
Tomek, 12 Oct 2014
    • Blackduiker
      These guys always looked otherworldly to me. Almost alien...but beautiful.
    • Elephas Maximus
      Hope it would be saved from incineration when dies.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Guess what..... odds are it will be incinerated when the time comes ;)
    • Elephas Maximus
      This depends on how civilised the zoo managers are.
    • lintworm
      Could you please stop posting these comments under every photo, you have made your point clear and nobody will take you serious anymore if you continue posting these statements again and again and again....
    • TeaLovingDave
      One wonders whether his obsession is due to being based in Ekaterinburg, the site of the deaths of the Romanovs - it must really annoy him that they were cremated rather than stuffed! :p:p:p
    • Elephas Maximus
      We have found their bones, though in quite bad condition.
      But church urged to bury them :mad:
    • LaughingDove
      @Elephas Maximus you should visit Taif Zoo in Saudi Arabia. They have a shed ful of all the animals that have died and are stuffed. The zoo keeper seemed very pleased to say "all these animals die at this zoo" although you probably wouldn't like the fact that all the skins are ripped and they are stuffed very unprofessionally with what I believe was straw ;)
    • Elephas Maximus
      That reflects the development of taixdermy, natural history and appreciation of wildlife in this country.
      In Emirates, the situation is better (though there's only one professional company, everyone else stuffs with straw too).
      An instinct for preservation: meet the only Emirati taxidermist | The National
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      @Blackduiker I think the same, perhaps one of the strangest and eerie looking monkey species.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cologne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Tomek
    Date:
    12 Oct 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: