Join our zoo community
baboon

douc of Nanning Zoo

Red-shanked douc langur. This one may be bought from the illegal market on the border of China-Vietnam. I don't know why they don't remove the cable around its neck :(

douc of Nanning Zoo
baboon, 18 Dec 2010
    • baboon
      Red-shanked douc langur. This one may be bought from the illegal market on the border of China-Vietnam. I don\'t know why they don\'t remove the cable around its neck :(
    • Kifaru Bwana
      Wonderful langur species. Do they just keep a singleton or a breeding group?

Shame about the collar. Someone should complain with zoo management to have it removed.
    • MARK
      Would have to agree with KB, the collar does not look good :(
    • baboon
      Hi, I had only seen one red-shanked douc during 2008's visit. But, surprisely, I have just found a photo from the Internet, which is taken in this year by a tourist to Nanning Zoo. From the photo, I could see three black-shanked douc kept in two seperate enclosures! Thus, there are at least three, or very likely, more black-shanked douc langurs in Nanning Zoo now!
    • MARK
      If I am correct the other species of Douc Langer is the Gray Shanked, Right?
      Wonderful animals
    • MARK
      @baboon, Who would you say had the best primate collection in China, also who would you think have more rare species, Langers & Snub-nosed ect?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Nanning Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    baboon
    Date:
    18 Dec 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    115 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    482px
    Height:
    361px
    Aperture:
    f/3.7
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ30
    Date / Time:
    2008:05:26 16:46:54
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    88.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).