zooboy28

Dusky Pademelons - Zoo Negara Jan 2016

zooboy28, 25 May 2016
    • zooboy28
    • Chlidonias
    • zooboy28
      Right, pademelons make more sense. I didn't record a sign and was going off the photos in the gallery. I think these animals were too big to be red-legged pademelons though, so dusky would be reasonable.
    • Chlidonias
      yeah they don't really look anything like red-legged pademelons, and dusky pademelons seem quite common in southeast Asian zoos so that's what I figured they had to be.
    • Chlidonias
      there is actually another enclosure at the zoo labelled as being for agile wallabies, but although the scientific name on the sign is for the agile wallaby the photos and distribution map are for red-necked wallabies. I didn't see any animals in the enclosure so I'm not sure which species they were (I'm guessing red-necked wallabies).

The pademelons are specifically labelled as being red-legged pademelons Thylogale stigmatica but I'm positive they aren't.
    • zooboy28
      Yeah, the sign for Agile Wallabies appears to show Red-necked Wallaby in photos and scientific name, but there was no map for them on my visit. The animal I photographed in that exhibit appears to be another dusky pademelon...
    • Chlidonias
      maybe there wasn't a map. In my review I wrote "I didn't see the wallabies: the sign called them agile wallabies, but had photos and distribution of red-necked wallabies". I don't think I took a photo of the sign (I'd have to search through my photos and I can't be bothered) so it might have been in the text rather than a map (or maybe I accidentally put "distribution" when I really meant "scientific name").

In any case, the animal in your photo above actually is an agile wallaby so at least they got the common name correct for that one.
    • zooboy28
      Wow, this is too complicated. I shall stop trying to ID macropods... :eek:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Negara
    Uploaded By:
    zooboy28
    Date:
    25 May 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    213.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-M5MarkII
    Date / Time:
    2016:01:14 13:41:24
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    150 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).