Join our zoo community
HowlerMonkey

Eastern Giant Eland Group

Eastern Giant Eland Group
    • Sarus Crane
      Can't wait to see them in March!!!
    • HowlerMonkey
      It was my first time seeing them and Eland are one of my favourite animals so I was beyond excited to see them before the numbers fall further.
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    • Sarus Crane
      @HowlerMonkey Any males in the herd? There was a bull as of November 2016, my last visit.
    • HowlerMonkey
      There were just the four females there. I know Dhole Dude posted on another Giant Eland Picture, that Zoo Miami just holds these four females.
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    • IndianRhino
      It’s great that Miami still has their giant eland on view! I got to see SDZSP’s herd twice as well as SDZ’s lone male several times, unfortunately SDZSP’s herd was moved bts in summer 2021 and I believe they’ve have been transferred out since then. I’m fairly certain Miami will be sending their herd out too relatively soon so cherish them while they’re there! It’s a shame such a beautiful species is being phased out… I wish the owner of the animals wasn’t so difficult to work with.
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    • Sarus Crane
      @HowlerMonkey Thanks. Hopefully they can get a breeding bull again.
    • Sarus Crane
    • IndianRhino
      @Sarus Crane I’m not sure… my guess would be sometime in late spring to summer so I think and hope they will still be there for your March visit :)
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Miami
    Uploaded By:
    HowlerMonkey
    Date:
    10 Jan 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).