snowleopard

Education + Conservation Center - Assorted Terrariums

Aug. 4th, 2014.

Education + Conservation Center - Assorted Terrariums
snowleopard, 1 Sep 2014
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 4th, 2014.
    • JigerofLemuria
      Could you remember what was housed in these terrariums?
    • snowleopard
      @JigerofLemuria No idea, but here is my mini-review from my 2014 road trip:

NEW (Northeastern Wisconsin) Zoo – This zoo has penguins and snow monkeys as the first two exhibits that most people see and you can’t go wrong with those crowd-pleasers. Lions and giraffes are mega-fauna for the masses, plus an albino white American Alligator. A giant tortoise shell is unique and it acts as the roof for the Aldabra Tortoise indoor building; but the real gem of this 200-animal zoo is the Wisconsin Trails section. It is a borderline outstanding loop with the largest and most scenic North American River Otter exhibit I’ve ever seen, plus American Black Bear, White-Tailed Deer, Red Fox, Red Wolf, Cougar, Canadian Lynx, Bobcat, Red Panda (commonly found in the Wisconsin wilderness!), porcupines, raccoons, pheasants, etc. A large boardwalk takes visitors around a building with terrariums while enormous Moose exhibits circle all around. It is reminiscent of the Amur Tiger walkway at Minnesota Zoo except Moose are being searched for. The whole complex is terrific and while the rest of the zoo is pleasant enough the Wisconsin Trails section is really quite superb and makes this facility a must-see. I spent close to 2 hours at this zoo.
    • birdsandbats
      @JigerofLemuria
      Species List:
      Central Bearded Dragon
      European Glass Lizard
      Ball Python
      Common Blue-Tongued Skink
      Chilean Rose Tarantula
      Madagascar Hissing Cockroach
      Common Boa
      Amazon Milk Frog
      Cuban Tree Frog
      African Bullfrog
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Northeastern Wisconsin Zoo & Adventure Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    1 Sep 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    252.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:04 10:29:01
    Exposure Time:
    10/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).