Join our zoo community
Zebraduiker

Elephant bull exhibit

Elephant bull exhibit
Zebraduiker, 1 Jan 2009
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Numerous zoos all across the world have inadequate housing for their bull elephants, and this barren paddock is no different.
    • DavidBrown
      @snowleopard Has this elephant exhibit been renovated? Did it look like this when you were there?
    • snowleopard
      @DavidBrown The bull elephant yard looks almost identical from 2009 to 2019, as here is my 2019 photo from a different angle: (see below photo for additional comments)

[​IMG]

Both the bull elephant yard and the larger cow yard at Berlin Zoo are very poor and not up to modern standards. When I visited the zoo in 2019 I didn't know that there were plans to create a new, modern elephant complex elsewhere in the zoo. If you look at the zoo's map, the plan is to use the 'separate' space in the top-right hand corner for elephants. First of all, Berlin Tierpark is overhauling their elephant complex before Berlin Zoo will do the same in the future.

Here is a current map of Berlin Zoo, showing the top corner future elephant zone (currently kangaroos, capybaras, Przewalski's horses and other animals):

Interactive Zoo map - Easily explore our highlights | Zoo Berlin
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Berlin Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zebraduiker
    Date:
    1 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: