Join our zoo community
blospz

Elephant Exhibit - 1/1/2013

With an expected opening of Elephant Community Center in March 2013, according to the zoo's latest magazine issue, it would not surprised me if the final yard was open at that time as well.

Elephant Exhibit - 1/1/2013
blospz, 7 Jan 2013
    • blospz
      With an expected opening of Elephant Community Center in March 2013, according to the zoo\'s latest magazine issue, it would not surprised me if the final yard was open at that time as well.
    • Gulo gulo
      this has changed. is this due to Kandula?
    • blospz
      I am not sure. How did it use to look?
    • Gulo gulo
      there wasn't as much cabling or separation, if I recall from my last visit a year ago. the shift is new to me, at least. it seems habitat two is smaller now.
    • blospz
      If you do look at the master plan, that yard is supposed to be a whole one. So they probably did divided it up for some reason.
    • Gulo gulo
      indeed. it is strange, but plans change to suit the animals. still the best asian ele exhibit. can't wait for habitat 1 to open!
    • uszoo
      This allows more flexibility of the zoo can continue to holds it current male, additional females and an unrelated bull. Though the outdoor yards are simple the features such as the elephant trek and large barn make this a world class exhibit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Smithsonian National Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    blospz
    Date:
    7 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    330.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2013:01:01 10:01:16
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).