Join our zoo community
David Matos Mendes

Elephant, hippo and buffalo paddock - Zooparque Itatiba

Holding asian elephant, water buffalo, common hippo, yellow-eared slider, white-faced whistling duck and black-bellied whistling duck.

Elephant, hippo and buffalo paddock - Zooparque Itatiba
    • David Matos Mendes
      Holding asian elephant, water buffalo, common hippo, yellow-eared slider, white-faced whistling duck and black-bellied whistling duck.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • ChIkEn NuGrEt
      @David Matos Mendes is there a reason the Asian elephants are housed with African savanna fauna?
    • David Matos Mendes
      @ChIkEn NuGrEt
      The elephants were received by the zoo some years ago, after a rescue from a circus. I think there were no plans to keep elephants there at the time, so they had to hold them in this exhibit. The mix seems to have gone well, and they kept it this way regardless of geographical accuracy. I tend to think the buffaloes were added later, and I hope they find another place to put their hippos. This way, the enclosure would be composed only of asian species (without considering the smaller critters, such as sliders).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZooPark de Itatiba
    Uploaded By:
    David Matos Mendes
    Date:
    7 Oct 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/3.4
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX P500
    Date / Time:
    2021:10:03 15:57:57
    Exposure Time:
    10/3200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).