Join our zoo community
djaeon

Elephant Odyssey Construction Update 3-3-09

Elephant Odyssey Construction Update 3-3-09
djaeon, 3 Mar 2009
    • snowleopard
      I'm still shocked at how the construction zone at the zoo still appears to be years away from completion. Oh well, by the summer this should be another outstanding addition to the world famous San Diego Zoo.
    • BlackRhino
      It should be a great exhibit with a nearly 3 acre elephant exhibit with a 137,00 gallon pool, plus new exhibits for lions, condors, and jaguars. I am sure it will be excellent as everything else the zoo has built is.
    • Arizona Docent
      Also the theme is entirely unique; the zoo deserves an "A" for originality. While most other zoos stick with geographic or taxonomic areas, they have animals from all over the world by portraying animals whose ancestors lived in southern California (elephants descended from mammoths, etc).
    • Ituri
      And the one I can't believe that they aren't including is the Chacoan peccaries because they are closely related to ancient southern California's flat-headed peccary and already in the collection.
    • BlackRhino
      Where are they displayed?
    • Ituri
      They were up near the Skyfari West terminal. I don't know that they are still there for certain.
    • mstickmanp
      I feel like the exhibit won't be finished in time, but who knows.
    • BlackRhino
      I doubt it will be finished in time. I really don't think any exhibits are.
    • Ituri
      What is "on-time", they haven't announced an opening date other than "summer" which I think is absolutely doable.
    • djaeon
      The chacoan peccaries are still there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    djaeon
    Date:
    3 Mar 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: