Join our zoo community
geomorph

Elephant Passage - Species Roatation Yard East of Elephant House

Taken 6/8/16. This an an Asian-themed exhibit complex that opened in 2012. The major feature of the complex is a connected series of 5 large yards for rotating 3 species: Asian Elephant, Greater On-horned Rhinoceros, and Malayan Tapir. The tapirs also have there own additional smaller yard exclusively for them, and 9 other exhibits for other species are interspersed in the complex.

Elephant Passage - Species Roatation Yard East of Elephant House
geomorph, 12 Jul 2016
Elephantelephant likes this.
    • geomorph
      Taken 6/8/16. This an an Asian-themed exhibit complex that opened in 2012. The major feature of the complex is a connected series of 5 large yards for rotating 3 species: Asian Elephant, Greater On-horned Rhinoceros, and Malayan Tapir. The tapirs also have there own additional smaller yard exclusively for them, and 9 other exhibits for other species are interspersed in the complex.
    • GraysonDP
      Could this be the best Asian elephant exhibit in the country?
    • geomorph
      I think it may be, I hadn't thought about it but the ones I've seen that come to mind are not as good...San Diego, Saint Louis, and maybe Miami (although it's smaller) are my comparisons for best one.
    • GraysonDP
      The best I've seen are Dublin and National with Miami, Columbus and Houston a bit behind.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Denver Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    12 Jul 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count: