Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Elephant Statue

July 22nd, 2019

Elephant Statue
snowleopard, 26 Jul 2019
    • KevinB
      Harry Malter actually had an African elephant until 2010. The individual in question, named Suzy, now lives at Pairi Daiza.

I visited Harry Malter once many years ago (like 18-20) when I was in elementary school. It was a school trip and at the time they still offered not only pony/horse and camel rides but also rides on the back of elephant Suzy. I participated in all of those. It doesn't feel great remembering that, even if it was pretty long ago and it was school trip.

I don't remember that much else about the place than the rides sadly, but what I do remember is that some of the animal exhibits were pretty ghastly. In the intervening years I read several times of this zoo not meeting and being cited for official legal zoo standards. It seems like the place has since improved a bit but some of the exhibits you showed in this gallery still look pretty nasty.

No, it doesn't seem like this is a place I'm going to put on my "to visit" list.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Familiepark Harry Malter
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    26 Jul 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3888px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
    Date / Time:
    2019:07:22 05:59:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    5.19 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).