Join our zoo community
Andrew_NZP

Elephant Trails - Asian Elephant - Bozie - ???

11/13/2020

Elephant Trails - Asian Elephant - Bozie - ???
    • Andrew_NZP
      I'll be honest, with the exception of Bozie and Spike (duh), I have no clue how to tell the other three apart. I'm also only like 71.92% sure I got Bozie right.
    • E Maximus
      In this picture, you have Bozie on the Left and Maharani on the Right. When trying to tell the Calgary girls apart, one of the easiest characteristics I like to look at is the ears Kamala is missing part of her left ear, and Swarna's ears are filled with tons of pink, much more than you can see here on Rani's. Swarna is also very petite when compared to the other girls. I'll upload some pictures of them to the gallery later.
    • Elephantelephant
      Bozie is wider than others, Swarna is smaller, Kamala is similar to Swarna but lacks part of her ear and moves a little harder due to arthritis and Maharani is tall, slender and has long legs.
      E Maximus likes this.
    • E Maximus
      @Elephantelephant Bozie might not be wider than others for much longer. She has been losing quite a bit a weight recently. When I got back and look at older pictures I have of her the weight loss is pretty significant.
    • Elephantelephant
      @NOVAElephantEnthusiast Interesting to know. That's probably good. She has good conditions and is not so obese, which is better for her health.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Smithsonian National Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Andrew_NZP
    Date:
    14 Nov 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    482.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1778px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).