Join our zoo community
team tapir

Elephant walkway covered bridge crosses over hippo aquarium

Elephant walkway covered bridge crosses over hippo aquarium
team tapir, 4 Mar 2012
    • reduakari
      Wow, talk about ruining a classic exhibit....
      Probably the only way to expand the too-small elephant exhibit, but a shame nevertheless.
    • snowleopard
      Does the visitor walkway actually cover part of the famous hippo pool or simply go alongside it? I think that the Hippoquarium opened in 1987 and 25 years later it is still one of the best of its kind...BUT the new construction certainly must taint the experience. The new bull yard in the African elephant zone doesn't look that impressive either.
    • team tapir
      It only covers a small portion of the Hippoquarium we would say like 5% of it.The problem is that the original jungle looking backdrop is gone almost comepletly covered by the walkway which sort of creates the illusion that the Hippoquarium is smaller than it actually is.We have always maintained that Toledo would have been better served by including its elephants in its African Grasslands exhibit which was built in 2004 in a large area next to the zoos arctic exhibits.

Team Tapir
    • zooguy5
      Thanks Team Tapir for the photo. Seeing this photo makes me sad. I was going to travel to the Toledo Zoo, but seeing the exhibit in person would only make me angry. Way to ruin a classic Toledo!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toledo Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    team tapir
    Date:
    4 Mar 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    213.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SZ-11
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).