Join our zoo community
Nisha

Ema and Bashira or Asani?

Ema and Bashira or Asani?
Nisha, 24 Jun 2010
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      Kitani and Asani:)
    • Javan Rhino
      The cracked skin suggests Magadi I think (or mayb Malindi) - would also make sense as he was in with Asani, and this looks like the paddock that they occupy (the VERY old rhino house, as opposed to the old on-show one that is now off-show - was it a barasinga house originally, or something similar?)
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      Magadi would never tolerate a young bull like Asani and he is not his son!

The only reason I can tell this is Kitani is because of her horn which is very similiar to Ema's apart from Ema's is slightly smaller:)
    • zoogiraffe
      Given your track record of IDing animals at Chester,I'm with Nisha that its Ema and Bashira,but I stand to be corrected if i'm wrong!
    • Javan Rhino
      Fair play - I can't ID the rhinos well other than by paddock, and this to me looks like the old paddock opposite the Tsavo aviary - I know for a fact that Asani was in with either Magadi or Malindi at some point though, just can't remember which.
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      Malindi is a female so it's most probarly Malindi was or is in with Asani.
    • zoogiraffe
      Given as this photo was taken June 2010,why are we trying to working out which rhino is which as Chester will have changed them round atleast 4 times since this photo was taken!!
    • Javan Rhino
      Excellent point :D.
    • Nisha
      I would just like to confirm that this is Asani and Malindi. I worked this out sometime ago but never thought to update this photo
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      I thought it was, thanks Nisha. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Nisha
    Date:
    24 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: