Join our zoo community
DelacoursLangur

Empty former primate exhibit?

I am very curious as to why this exhibit has been emptied and stripped of netting, If anyone has background or info on what they are planning please chime in!

Empty former primate exhibit?
    • Great Argus
      Interesting. I think this was Allen's Swamp Monkey and Black & White Colobus.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • snowleopard
      @Great Argus You are correct. Here is a photo of the exhibit (with a full pool) in 2010:

[​IMG]
    • Great Argus
      @snowleopard Interestingly both species are still listed on the zoo's website, and Oregon's listings have generally been fairly reliable in my experience. Wonder if the exhibit netting got damaged or something.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Great Argus Interesting indeed, the sign for new inhabitants had the silhouettes of otters, however the exhibit is still largely geared towards primates with plentiful climbing structures.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • Kevin2342
      What happened to the Allen’s swamp monkeys and colobus monkeys?
    • snowleopard
      The pool is full of water again and the zoo now has two Spotted-necked Otters ('Lemmy' and 'Lila') in the former Allen's Swamp Monkey/Colobus exhibit. The zoo just posted a short video of the otters on Facebook.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Oregon Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    DelacoursLangur
    Date:
    4 Aug 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    1960px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G950U
    Date / Time:
    2021:08:01 15:58:27
    Exposure Time:
    1/628 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).