Join our zoo community
KevinB

Enclosure dusky pademelon

A single dusky pademelon lives in here, offspring of the breeding pair formerly kept at Planckendael. Back when Antwerp Zoo had a breeding Queensland koala male present he was kept in this enclosure.

Enclosure dusky pademelon
KevinB, 3 Sep 2018
German Zoo World likes this.
    • KevinB
      A single dusky pademelon lives in here, offspring of the breeding pair formerly kept at Planckendael. Back when Antwerp Zoo had a breeding Queensland koala male present he was kept in this enclosure and if there were to ever be another one, he probably would be placed in here again.

Not an inadequate enclosure for the dusky pademelon in my opinion, but a bit on the small side. I'd say it's probably not large enough to hold more than one individual or a breeding pair.

Until earlier this year a breeding pair of dusky pademelons lived in the koala house at Planckendael, the other zoo owned by the Royal Zoological Society of Antwerp (a bit like London Zoo and Whipsnade), but they were removed earlier this year when some changes needed to made because of the health issues of one of Planckendael's koalas. I do not know whether this pair has moved to another zoo or is kept behind the scenes. Personally I think the dusky pademelons deserve an enclosure of their own (possibly with an indoor and outdoor exhibit) at either Planckendael or Antwerp. I like this species and I would like them to remain visible at one of the RZSA zoos.
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    3 Sep 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2018:08:19 09:52:41
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).