zoogiraffe

Entranace to Blean Down Bird Park

This also doubles as a cafe open to non-visitors to the bird garden

Entranace to Blean Down Bird Park
zoogiraffe, 31 Dec 2009
    • zoogiraffe
      This also doubles as a cafe open to non-visitors to the bird garden
    • Parrotsandrew
      Surely this is Brean Down Bird Garden in Somerset. The closed Blean Bird Park was in Kent.
    • johnstoni.
      Yes, this is Brean Down in North Somerset, a coastal bird garden which I believe has now closed. I don't remember any remarkable species here, most were common in aviculture at the time.

Blean Bird Park was mainly a parrot collection situated in woodland in Kent, it is now known as 'Druidstone Park' and no longer has a bird collection, although I believe they hold deer, old English goats, and guanaco, with a theme of woodland crafts and sculptures throughout the site. While not many remarkable species were held here in the days of it being a bird park, I do remember hyacinthine macaws, and the parrot collection was very diverse.
    • zoogiraffe
      Yes you are quite correct,it is Brean Down and not Blean Down,but atleast I attempt to label what the photo is ,insted of just a date and location!!!
    • Parrotsandrew
      Thank-you for the Blean information - the sort of place I'd have liked to have visited. I did visit Brean Down in 2006 and earlier this year I was trying to find out whether or not it had closed, but without success.
    • Parrotsandrew
      I've labelled some of mine!!!! What I'm interested in is why the gallery still says there are only three photos of Tropiquaria.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blean Bird Park (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    31 Dec 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    278.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.4
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2009:03:07 09:56:58
    Exposure Time:
    10/3400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).