Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

European Ravens

Both, confiscated from a private owner, are in the Kid Zoo. They are not suitable for training for the shows or Outreach.

European Ravens
Mr Wrinkly, 5 Jun 2015
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Both, confiscated from a private owner, are in the Kid Zoo. They are not suitable for training for the shows or Outreach.
    • arcticwolf
      Great picture! I'm glad the zoo decided to put this species on exhibit. I've always loved ravens and thought they would have also been a good fit for the Eurasia Wilds. Can you please tell me what exhibit in the Kid's Zoo the ravens are in?

It's also too bad that the ravens can't be trained since they're such an intelligent species and would probably be very entertaining in one of the zoo's shows.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      I don't know what it is called but I think it is where the falcon was (don't know where he is now), or next to it.

Last fall I was in the Bird Barn and saw the ravens. They were very skittish when it was crowded, but I was there for a while and when there were only two keepers and my friend and I they were still quite nervous. When I saw the Bird Barn keeper/trainer walking around with Bald Eagle Mkisi recently I asked and he told me the origin of the ravens. He also said they have to be trained right from a very early age or it can't be done. They will not be used for anything but display and they are in one of the tallest exhibits in the Kid's Zoo. The day I saw them they were both calling loudly for some time and they stayed near the top.
    • Sealife357
      If I'm not mistaken they would be in the enclosure right next to the exit for the aviary, across from the one Henry used last year.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Today saw Kids Zoo keepers out with woodchucks so naturally asked about falcons and ravens!
      The Lannar Falcon is living in the Bird Barn, retired or semi-retired. The European Ravens are in his former exhibit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    5 Jun 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: