Join our zoo community
Blackduiker

Exotic Feline Center Entrance

Exotic Feline Center Entrance
Blackduiker, 13 Oct 2009
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Located in Rosamond, California. Antelope Valley, Mojave Desert. About a 60 mile drive from my home in Saugus(Santa Clarita).
    • mstickmanp
      When did you go?

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that you went today. how was the weather?
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Cool, a little windy, and overcast. Temperature probably in the low 60s
    • mstickmanp
      Cool, I've been wanting to go for quite some time, but I don't want to go when it's too hot.
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Well, we're getting into the cooler time of the year for the Mojave Desert. It can get extremely cold in the winter. The next month or two will probably be the best time to go or early spring. Watch out for the rain in our forecast.

I think I first heard about this place over 20 years ago, while reading through a few issues of the International Zoo Yearbook. They've been on my list of institutions to visit for awhile too. They're also accredited by the AZA.
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

A message to Arizona Docent; I know you've been here in the past yourself. You wouldn't happen to have been there today; Columbus Day, 10-12-2009 would you? The only reason I ask is because I saw a vehicle parked next to me with Arizona license plates when my wife and I were leaving. When we arrived around 1 O'Clock, the place was virtually empty, but about 15 minutes later several others started to arrive. Just curious, since you were the first one to post photos for this gallery several months ago, and I know you're crazy about felines.:)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Exotic Feline Breeding Compound
    Uploaded By:
    Blackduiker
    Date:
    13 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: