Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Expensive Zoo! ($33 per adult is the basic entrance fee plus extras)

July 31st, 2015.

Expensive Zoo! ($33 per adult is the basic entrance fee plus extras)
snowleopard, 12 Aug 2015
    • snowleopard
      July 31st, 2015.
    • zoomaniac
      Unfortunately, this is by far not the only zoo with a high (ripp-off?) entrance fee.
      San Diego Zoo is higher (with all the extras included most people don't need), although you get back a good value. Also many Australian Zoos, specially the "world famous" Australia Zoo of Steve Irwin, claim a nice amount. And here in Europe, Beauval and Amnéville are very expensive (more than 30 Euros). Not to mention the totaly overpriced London Zoo (25 pound = about 40 US-D).
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      Holy cow that's a ridiculous price for just an adult!!
    • savethelephant
      You should see Bronx's prices:rolleyes:
    • Loxodonta Cobra
      I just did, and I'm happy that I've got the memberships.
    • Maguari
      Thing is, London Zoo is expensive by zoo standards, but actually pretty good value in terms of London attractions. The Madame Tussauds Waxworks, London Dungeon, London Eye, SeaLife London Aquarium and Tower of London are all £20 or more for an adult entrance, and the Zoo offers a much longer experience than any of these. (Most of the big museums are free of course, and are by far the best value in London!) The problem with London Zoo's entrance price is that London is expensive, not particularly the zoo.

Not sure what Whipsnade and Chester's excuses are! :D

...I jest! I think Whipsnade is just being priced (rightly or wrongly) to be comparable with London. Chester appear to be setting prices so as to try to spread the visitors more evenly over the year, with very high summer prices to almost deliberately discourage some visitors but cheaper options in winter to encourage them then.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    12 Aug 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: