Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Feb. 2020 - The Ocean Journey - The Secret Reef (618,000 Gallons) - Undersea Caverns

Feb. 2020 - The Ocean Journey - The Secret Reef (618,000 Gallons) - Undersea Caverns
Moebelle, 11 Feb 2020
    • DavidBrown
      @Moebelle Great photos. What was your opinion of this aquarium? What were the highlights for you?

Will you be doing any of your tour videos of the Tennessee Aquarium?
      Moebelle likes this.
    • Moebelle
      @DavidBrown As I say in my video, "my overall impression of the place was positive and was well worth the 5 hour drive".... which will be released tonight:)

I was very much impressed with the organization - especially the River Journey's stairwell that allows you to see a part of every single gallery below in just one look. It's a beautiful sight especially considering the only thing that lights up the main hallways are the tanks.

What will forever stick out in my memories of the place were the recreations of the temperate and cypress forests in the River Journey, and the Undersea Cavern here is the most unique underwater view I've ever seen. I know I'll have nothing negative to say in my future videos but there were just a couple things I wish were different.

The smaller one, at the end of the galleries you can bypass your way back to the entrance in the Ocean Journey but have to exit and re-enter the River Journey building. So you have to scan your ticket over and over if you want to see it multiple times. Laslty, this opinion should more so be left in the past because it was resolved 15 years ago, but without the addition to the Ocean Journey in 2005, I don't think the Tennessee Aquarium would be worth visiting if it were just the original River Journey (1992).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tennessee Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    11 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G973U
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:08 14:45:41
    Exposure Time:
    1/59 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    1.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).