Join our zoo community
sooty mangabey

Fencing surrounding pelican enclosure, May 2014

One of the best things about this rather excellent small collection is the attention to detail. I very much like the way in which the various fences - of which there aren't many - have been softened by 'decorating' them with branches, as here. It makes them appear to be a great deal less ostentatious.

Fencing surrounding pelican enclosure, May 2014
sooty mangabey, 1 Jun 2014
    • sooty mangabey
      One of the best things about this rather excellent small collection is the attention to detail. I very much like the way in which the various fences - of which there aren\'t many - have been softened by \'decorating\' them with branches, as here. It makes them appear to be a great deal less ostentatious.
    • Shirokuma
      Very nice fencing, also with the anoa enclosure. And cost-effective too I would imagine.
    • IanRRobinson
      I wonder if that's intended to be the start of hedging?
    • Zooplantman
      I like it very much, but it appears to be all hand done so perhaps not so cost effective if anyone is getting a decent wage. Tacking up mesh would be cheaper than collecting branches of various sizes and cutting and weaving them.
    • Shirokuma
      Of course it's hand done, I don't think you can get machines that do that. I don't think it would take especially long to do either and this is a pretty small collection so it's not like they have people slaving away weaving miles of fences.

It is I am sure a cost-effective way of doing something aesthetically pleasing and different which tacking up mesh would not achieve.

I don't know much about this collection other than what I have read on here but this certainly shows a certain creativity and as sooty mangabey says, attention to detail.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Shorelands Wildlife Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    sooty mangabey
    Date:
    1 Jun 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: