Join our zoo community
Newzooboy

Fiery-billed Aracari - Mar 2019

Fiery-billed Aracari - Mar 2019
Newzooboy, 17 Apr 2019
Ding Lingwei, Jonas, AWP and 8 others like this.
    • Hipporex
      This is a very nice picture
    • Newzooboy
      Thank you....the best of a large bunch, although still not as sharp as I'd like. The Aracari were in a large aviary that made photography difficult.
    • Hipporex
      Well I think this and all your other pictures turned out quite nice. Would you recommend Zoo Ave to someone visiting Costa Rica for say 1 to 2 weeks?
    • Newzooboy
      Thanks HR. I didn't mean this was best pic from my Costa Rica trip......just that I took a lot of pics of this bird to try and get at least one really good one, but this is the ultimately the best one in terms of focus, light, etc. clearly it needs a bit of cropping though.

I'm gradually working through the pics from my trip and uploading a few a day.........

I would definitely recommend Zoo Ave. We visited on our first day in CR while still staying in the San Jose area. It is a pretty zoo with lots of choice species for the European/ US visitor. All are rescues or confiscations, plus some breeding groups. Mostly native birds but some mammals and reptiles too, and a few species from other countries. We ended up seeing many of the birds here also in the wild later in the trip....but it was definitely worth it to pick up some of the rarer species, especially the parrots (they hold all Costa Rican species).
      FunkyGibbon likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Ave
    Uploaded By:
    Newzooboy
    Date:
    17 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS REBEL T3i
    Date / Time:
    2019:03:22 17:24:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).