Fiji banded iguana
gentle lemur, 15 Mar 2008
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • gentle lemur
      Male, Manchester Museum, 9th March 2008
    • Writhedhornbill
      Wow, Where did he come from?
    • gentle lemur
      Zoogiraffe posted a photo of this chap in January. I went to the museum last Sunday to test my new camera as the weather wasn't good enough for outdoor photography. All these shots were taken then. The collection is small but high quality - except that the labelling is dreadful :(). They have a pair of these iguanas, but the female stayed at the top of the cage. I'd never seen one before (or golden Mantella or neon day gecko either). Well worth a visit :)

Alan
    • Bwassa
      WOW ! I haven't been to the museum for years, had no idea they had reptiles like this, in the vivarium. I'm only 20 minutes away on the train. Must visit!
    • Kifaru Bwana
      It seems that since the discovery of a new species of Brachylophus (bulabula) that those in captivity in the western world need to be sub-divided between B. fasciatus and B. bulabula.

Only Australian zoos keep the most endangered taxon B. vitiensis.
      Recently and quite interestingly, it has been reported that surveys are in train for the northern parts of the archipelago to investigate whether the as then unresearched iguanas over there are in fact different to all other known Brachylophus spp.

There is also since this year an ESB for Brachylophus within the EAZA community.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Manchester Museum
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    15 Mar 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    105.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D300
    Date / Time:
    2008:03:09 13:36:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/10 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    60 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).