Join our zoo community
Goura

Finlayson's squirrel

There were two of these squirrels, quite confidently feeding and allowing visitors to approach to within about 30 cm

Finlayson's squirrel
Goura, 30 Jun 2019
Jonas, TheGerenuk, KevinB and 3 others like this.
    • lintworm
      Finlayson's squirrel.
    • Goura
      @lintworm Thanks once again. There wasn't any signage for this species so I assumed they were a recent addition to Fragile Forest.
    • lintworm
      @Goura I had the same problem when I was there in April. Many of the bird species, the Lesser mousedeer (Bornean subspecies) and Prevost squirrel are also unsigned in that walkthrough. Which is a pity because it is one of the best enclosures in the zoo.
      Goura likes this.
    • FunkyGibbon
      @lintworm Signage is not WRS's strong point in general, is it?
      Goura likes this.
    • Goura
      @FunkyGibbon Agreed but is that a result of ongoing changes? I don't go there often enough
    • FunkyGibbon
      @Goura I suppose I would argue that ongoing changes should be matched by changes to signage. I've visited Jurong three times over a two year period and I did feel that as the species line up in, say, Jungle Jewels weakened the signage got worse as well, but I wouldn't really like to pass judgement.
      Goura likes this.
    • Goura
      @FunkyGibbon Indeed, I hope they get it right before the much anticipated "mandai" opens.
      FunkyGibbon likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Goura
    Date:
    30 Jun 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3648px
    Height:
    2736px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-3
    Date / Time:
    2019:06:25 11:16:09
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    141 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).