Join our zoo community
MagpieGoose

Fire-tufted Barbet

Fire-tufted Barbet
MagpieGoose, 15 Jul 2018
    • TeaLovingDave
      I believe you may be the first Zoochatter to successful spot this!
      MagpieGoose likes this.
    • MagpieGoose
      @TeaLovingDave I was just exiting the aviary and managed to spot it hanging from one of the wires! They are a lot larger than I had expected them to be. Luckily I managed to photograph this individual several times before it flew to the other side of the aviary, I wish I could say the same about when I saw the Silver-eared Mesia but it was just too quick :p
    • TeaLovingDave
      @MagpieGoose

Managed to get pretty good photographs of the Mesia last week :) which I was quite pleased with, as although it wasn't a lifetick I didn't get any shots of the ones at Walsrode. The barbet will be a lifetick when I eventually see it.
      MagpieGoose likes this.
    • SMR
      @TeaLovingDave It's not a competition, but I saw one yesterday, high in the aviary on one of the wires and a horrible photo not worth sharing. However, that does appear to be the place to look. The bird swooped to the ground by the first viewing hut, but was then impossible to see.

If folks haven't spotted one before, they're a larger bird than expected.

Now for the mesia, I've not seen that despite a few attempts.
      MagpieGoose likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    MagpieGoose
    Date:
    15 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4896px
    Height:
    3672px
    Aperture:
    f/5.7
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DC-FZ82
    Date / Time:
    2018:07:15 11:35:52
    Exposure Time:
    10/6400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    198.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).