Join our zoo community
OkapiFan

Fishing Cat exhibit at the Greensboro Science Center

Fishing Cat exhibit at the Greensboro Science Center
    • nczoofan
      I wonder if the zoo will keep the cats in this exhibit and the new outdoor complex. Also what will become of the third exhibit (former coati). Guess only time will tell. I am unsure what other species would work in this exhibit though.
    • OkapiFan
      @nczoofan They may, but since there will be an indoor and an outdoor viewing for them in Revolution Ridge, they might be rotating them like they do right now in this habitat. Since Angler's outside, they rotate Mako (dad) and Tallulah, Katara, and Korra (mom and the not so small anymore babies). I believe that Angler is going to eventually go to another facility and I think the sisters will too, so rotating them would be reasonable. I think they have said that all of the Fishing Cats will move to the complex and they haven't said anything about their old exhibit or the Coati exhibit. I know they lost 1.1 Coati just before quarantine. I think they still might have one though, I don't know for sure. If they don't maybe Southern Tamanduas could replace them, I know there used to be some at the center. For the Fishing Cat exhibit I have been putting some thought into which animal could be coming. If they raised the water level to cover the current ground space, I could maybe see Puffins of some species going in. Or they could keep the water as it is and maybe they could have a Large Indian Civet (or really any Civet species).
    • OkapiFan
      UPDATE:
      The Fishing Cats have now moved to the zoo expansion Revolution Ridge. Maggie the Rhinoceros Iguana is now living in this exhibit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Greensboro Science Center
    Uploaded By:
    OkapiFan
    Date:
    11 May 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    335.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1280px
    Height:
    960px
    Aperture:
    f/3.9
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix XP140 XP141 XP145
    Date / Time:
    2020:04:17 04:28:22
    Exposure Time:
    10/90 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).