Fishing cats (Prionailurus viverrinus)

Photo taken: 15th August 2010

Fishing cats (Prionailurus viverrinus)
Jodea, 15 Nov 2011
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Jodea
      Photo taken: 15th August 2010
    • Toddy
      What was this exhibit built for? Is this one of the two next to the Asia House that used to house lynx? When I visited in 2006 the fishing cats were quite new and housed in the indoor exhibit in the Asia house (which I believe houses the clouded leopards now?).
    • Jodea
      Yes, this is one of the two half-round enclosure outside of the Asian Pavilion. I don't know what animals they originally was built for, but they have been home to tigers for most of time that I can remember (both the white tigers and the sumatrans). The asian lions have also lived in one of them (and the large forest tiger enclosure) when they arrived, before moving to their enclosure on the other side of the Asian Pavilion. The lynx you mention was two orphaned siblings rescued from the wild that only stayed for a year or two before moving to other swedish zoos to form breeding pairs.

Today this right one is home to the fishing cats while the left one is the outdoor enclosure for the binturong. And yes, you find the clouded leopards inside the Asian Pavilion :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Parken Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Jodea
    Date:
    15 Nov 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
    Date / Time:
    2010:08:15 17:32:40
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).