Join our zoo community
Animalchap

Forest Elephant

Forest Elephant enjoying a new tyre

Forest Elephant
Animalchap, 14 Jul 2013
amur leopard and DelacoursLangur like this.
    • Animalchap
      Forest Elephant enjoying a new tyre
      BenFoxster likes this.
    • The Vegan
      Good to see a new photo of Abidjan :). What are the chances of bringing in a companion for the bull?
      BenFoxster likes this.
    • Animalchap
      at the moment very difficult. looking at options at the moment. we have already secured funds to refurbish the old elephant enclosure in another part of the zoo.
      BenFoxster likes this.
    • The Vegan
      *After research I now understand that Can is in fact female...Oops.

It's unfortunate that the few captive African Forest Elephants are in Japan (though it's rumored that Kuwait Zoo has 2 and Sousse Friguia Zoo has 3). It's sad that the most likely source of another forest elephant will be an orphan from a cull or poaching. SOS Elephants of Chad Orphanage has a female...However, I know little about the elephant or the orphanage, so there's the possibility that she's releasable. Then there's always bush elephants...

Anyways, Good Luck! I think we would all like to see photos of the new enclosure, once complete! If the current one can sustain grass that well, the future enclosure should be quite lush!
    • Luke da Zoo nerd
      Rare species in zoos I have never been to!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Abidjan Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Animalchap
    Date:
    14 Jul 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    448.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.7
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ27
    Date / Time:
    2013:07:10 15:35:11
    Exposure Time:
    10/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    6.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).