Join our zoo community
ZooNerd1234

Former Aardvark Building, Habitat Africa! - Nov. 2021

Former Aardvark Building, Habitat Africa!  - Nov. 2021
    • pachyderm pro
      Good memories. How did you get to access this area after all this time?
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • ZooNerd1234
      @pachyderm pro Based on this exhibit's area and particular location, visitor access seems to be really unadvised, however technically if you slip past the partly broken fence and walk a few steps, you're in.
    • pachyderm pro
      Interesting. In the past there has been a large locked wooden gate that prevents anyone from getting in. I'll have to check this out next time at the zoo.

The series of pictures you uploaded just now have me very curious. The African rock python that replaced the pangolins has only been on exhibit for a few months and has already been removed, the pangolins may be going back on exhibit judging by the way the exhibit has been altered, half of the gorilla viewing is closed for good, and the old aardvark house is accessible again. This is all super interesting. Thank you for all of this!
      CMP and ZooNerd1234 like this.
    • ZooNerd1234
      @pachyderm pro May I ask where it said the half of the gorilla viewing is closed for good? I get there is a good chance it might be closed for some time but permanently?
    • pachyderm pro
    • Moebelle
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • pachyderm pro
      The zoo is being pretty open that this was a decision made to reduce animals stress. It doesn't make much sense for them in my eyes to reverse a decision made to improve the animals welfare.
    • CMP
      @pachyderm pro Perhaps this will be reversed in the semi-near term whenever the outdoor additions are completed
    • Grant
      @Moebelle It's most definitely a permanent or at least long standing update. The exhibit is one of the worst in the country for gorillas and a recent study found that overall abnormal behaviors were decreased when viewing was limited.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    ZooNerd1234
    Date:
    15 Nov 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    647.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1920px
    Height:
    1079px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).